Yeah, US politics again. NewScientist did this interesting little article about the Republicans and their continuous anti-science attitude.
- US scepticism – it’s been a long time coming – NewScientist
In March, Ms. blog ran a series of posts by Aviva Dove-Viebahn titled “Future of Feminism”. There are many good pieces among them. For the full list see:
- Future of feminism series – Ms. Magazine Blog
And for fun, I’ll add this link I found on the Jezebel post bluemilk linked to, it’s a little script where you can swap audio and video of gendered toy commercials.
Libby Anne, author of the blog Love, Joy, Feminism, posted an interesting four-piece series about boy scouts and girl scouts and the Christian Right’s war on cookies, or whatever it is they’ve got their god-organ in a twist over this time. Girl scouts is also a topic I have covered earlier.
- Boy Scouts and Girl Scouts: The Recent Controversy
- Boy Scouts and Girl Scouts: The “Evils” of Girl Scouts
- Girl Scouts and Boy Scouts: Finding the Girl Scouts
- Girl Scouts and Boy Scouts: Losing the Boy Scouts
Another good post, among many, from Natalie Reed dealing with all the issues transgender people face in every day life.
- “Trapped In A (Wo)Man’s Body” – Natalie Reed