A sexist airline passenger is kicked of the plane.
Imagine you’re a certified commercial pilot, and you’re among the 6.6 percent of them who happen to be women. You’ve passed all the same training as your male colleagues and proven that you can fly a plane just as well. One day, as you prepare for takeoff, you hear a male passenger say that he refuses to be flown by a woman. Do you just ignore him? Do you turn around and give a reasoned explanation of why your gender plays no role in your ability to fly a plane? Or do you kick him off the flight?
- Pilot Kicks Sexist Off Her Plane – Ms. Magazine Blog
When clueless people comment on feminist blogs and think they’re being smart:
Women fighting in the war against women:
- “War on Unborn Girls,” Or Just More War on Women? – Ms. Magazine Blog
Why ask women about women’s issues? That makes no sense …
- Men are quoted around five times more than women.. on women’s issues – Blue Milk
- Men Rule Media Coverage of Women’s News – The Daily Beast
Women in Skepticism
The shit has hit the fan again in the skeptic community …
DJ Grothe fail to grasp why so few women signed up to this year’s Amazing Meeting in Las Vegas (from 40% to 18% as far as I can gather). I am a little baffled by his cluelessness, Here’s a couple of attempts to explain it to him:
- Shooting the messenger – Butterflies & Wheels
- DJ, please fix this genuine problem – Pharyngula
- No, DJ Grothe should not resign from JREF – The Atheist Experience
- Why I Won’t Be at TAM This Year – Rebecca Watson (Skepchick)
A trans woman has won a historic seat in local elections in Thailand!
Julia Serano wrote an interesting blog post about high profile people coming out as trans.
- Laura Jane Grace and coming out as trans in the public eye – Whipping Girl