I feel sorry for my friends who work for Center for Inquiry (CFI), and when I say I will not support CFI it is not because of them. It is not their fault the leadership of CFI are cowards that refuse to take a stand against the sexist bullshit going on in the skeptics movement. Their CEO now catering to the stalkers, haters and abusers of the community.
In addition I will not support James Randi’s organisation JREF, nor will I support Richard Dawkins (also here) and his organisation RDF, nor Michael Shermer. You have all become irrelevant and have proven to be actively working against all I stand for.
I have come to this decision long before I read Rebecca’s post, but I completely agree with her decision and recommendations, and it is what prompted this statement.
- So Much for Center for Inquiry – Rebecca Watson, Skepchick
- An Open Letter to the Center for Inquiry, Withdrawing My Participation and Support – Greta Christina, FtB
- Teach the controversy – Ophelia Benson, FtB
- The Center For Inquiry Likes Atheism’s Cranky White Guy Image, So Screw You Ladies – Amanda Marcotte
Ron Lindsay has published an apology on the Centre for Inquiry’s website. Thanks for that. Hopefully this will put this incident to rest and we can all move on.
- Some Remarks on My Talk at WIS2 – Ron Lindsay, CFI